Keynote: Lessons from Sleeping with the Tiger
Vortragende: Yaaqub „Yamo“ Mohamed
Zeit: 08.05.2015 09:00-09:30
How to Survive and Thrive in the Sea of Uncertainty, Chaos and Ever-increasing Project Complexity
The current business environment presents ever-increasing complexity and chaos for business analysis practitioners. Using the metaphor of how a young boy survives the ordeal of being stuck on a boat with a tiger in an untamed ocean, this session aims to inspire and motivate business analysts to overcome project and organizational challenges.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Adversity will make you a better BA, but why wait? – Learn why you shouldn’t wait for an adverse project or organization situation to maximize your strengths and capabilities.
- Keep moving – take the time to “step outside of the cubicle” and get a holistic perspective on where the project is headed
- Let Go! – learn how to let go of:
- The way you have done things in the past.
- The templates that you hold dearly (stop being template zombies!)
- The organization culture and standards that don’t make sense.
- If Methodology is a religion, be a good disciple – learn the importance of universal good practices to hold onto.
- Get a grip on reality sooner – learn to lookout for expressions and cues that reflect volatile stakeholder needs.
- Resilience, adaptability and co-existence – the importance of setting ground rules and defining the various roles and responsibilities.
- The Resourceful Toolkit – learn how to be innovative by coming up with effective and efficient ways to elicit, analyze, document, and communicate the requirements and overall vision of the project.
- A twist in the tale – there is always the other to a story – learn how to be cognizant of and keep an alert nose up in the air for:
- Eliciting any ‘hidden’ information
- Organizational politics that may be hindering or inhibiting our work.
- Hidden agendas of a stakeholder or stakeholder group.
Yaaqub „Yamo“ Mohamed
Yaaqub Mohamed a.k.a Yamo, is a passionate and practicing business analysis consultant from Toronto, Canada. He has over a decades experience in software development and has worked in diverse domains such as: Government, Retail, Auto, Property, and Life Insurance, Mutual Funds, Banking, Sales and Marketing, CRM, Cloud Computing, Mobile App Development and the Non-profit sector.
Yamo believes in adding relentless value to the BA community and advancing the practice. He founded TheBACoach.com blog and hosts the #1 ranked BA podcast on iTunes to help business analysts throughout the world, do analysis better, by providing educational, relevant, and inspiring content. He’s the author of ‚The Five Pillars of a Great Business Analyst‚, best selling ‚The Ultimate CBAP-CCBA Study Guide‚ and the creator of the revolutionary ‚Ultimate BABOK Kit‚.
Interview with Yamo
We recorded a short interview with him about his contributions at the BA Camp. Listen to it here:
Note: Only the first 25 secons are in German…
Comments are closed.